06 July 2010

Sounds like Life to me..

Oh..yesterday. What a trip--Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans, right?

Well, I went down to good ol' Lexington, KY yesterday with my Dad to have my brother's dealership work on my car. After getting a Goodyear $20 oil change on Friday, I found out my car needed new brakes+rotors, tires, serpentine belts, and hood latch. If I can, I take my car to my brother. He makes sure I'm taken care of and I usually get a family discount.

So we dropped the car off, went to lunch to give them time to work on it. During lunch, I get a text from my MIL that C's cousin has been in a wreck and flipped her car, and that she was at the hospital in their hometown.

After lunch, we still haven't heard anything from the service guys,so we see a movie-Toy Story 3-in 3d(If you haven't seen it yet, don't shell out the extra $ for 3d). After, we go back to the dealership, thinking my car must be about done...

It hasn't really even begun yet. So, my dad and I settle in for what is probably going to be a 2.5 hour repair session. I get on my phone and g-chat with C for awhile, but we end up fighting as my battery starts to die, so I log off.

 Well, 530 rolls around, and we haven't heard anything. Turns out that the parts guys are being dumb and jerry-rigging stuff together for me. I'm also told that the DEALERSHIP doesn't have rotors I need...It's just a no bueno. This is no fault of the guys working on it, the guy I talked to, or my brother. Just some people who don't necessarily care to do their job.

My brother comes over and around 645 comes out of the shop and asks what I need from my car for the night. He was incredibly upset at the way his guys were handling it, and wanted to do it right. So, my dad and I drove up my brother's demo Ford Focus, and we'll be switching out cars with the dealership later today.I should be getting my car back, all work completed with good Mazda parts by this afternoon, and at a reduced cost.

I cried on the drive home. Fighting with C, my cousin-in-law, and this just all stressed me out. I wondered how I would make it home in time for a furniture delivery on Wednesday...There's the (only) beauty of being unemployed-I'm rescheduling the delivery. I have no rush to get back to NC, except to start getting the house ready for C's return.

It all made me think of a country song, the chorus says:

"Sounds like life to me plain old destiny
Yeah the only thing for certain is uncertainty
You gotta hold on tight just enjoy the ride
Get used to all this unpredictability
Sounds like life "


All is well. packing up and heading back to Fayetteville tomorrow in a very safe Midge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Let me know! Keep it simple, civil, and PG-13. <3