04 March 2010

RTT: My family

Little less angry today. I think I used all that up Tuesday.

Since today is my eldest brother's birthday, and I got my other brother's wedding present to myself and C in the mail.... I figured I'd talk about my family.

I don't how how I got so blessed with them...but I did. My parents, for starters, are amazing. Previously mentioned, they've been married for 32 years. My dad and I do butt heads on a semi-regular basis, yet he's still my daddy. He's always been supportiveand has always pushed me to be better. My momma....well she's my best friend. I don't say that in the trivial way that most girls do...I say that wholeheartedly. Why wouldn't she be? she and I have known each other a very long time, and I spent most of middle/high school in hour long commutes with her. She's an inspiration, having moved more than most military wives have due to my father's industry(Steel, if you were wondering.). She's typically the first person I go to for advice on...well everything.

My oldest brother and his wife(i make them a unit. It's easier) are wonderful. Though more quiet, they're honest people making honest living. When I ask for marriage advice, I typically go to them...after my Mom. I don't see them much, but gchat makes up for it! (BTW big brother, I have a skype now!) Although I wasn't always sure about Emily, I've grown to love her and most of her  family. Mike...will always be my protector. He's that sterotypical older brother...the one who's superprotective and checks in a lot. I love  it. :) It really wouldn't be the same without him and now Emily!!

My middle brother....well. He's special(and the first to admit that). We've not always been close, but it's been easier since I got older.He and I have a bluntly honest relationship....and we never doubt if the other is telling us what they truly think. I think his and I's relationship is best summed up in the letter/wedding present I got from him today:

"Dear Jessie,

Words cannot describe how proud I am of you. You are a strong, independent woman, with great friends and an amazing husband. Having watched from the side lines, II have never been prouder to call you my sister and brag about you to anyone who will listen. I always chereish the times (and continue to) when I get you all to myself. I love every minute of it, even when you tell me to fuck off. These times are some of my fondest because you always bring me down to earth and won't bullshit me. I think the world of C and all of his nerdy(sp?) tendencies. I think you have picked the perfect parterner for you and someone who will take care of you forever. I wish nothing but the best for you two, and just hope I can be along for the ride.
I love you with all my heart,
JD
PS: Yes, I did cry like a little Girl through all of this."


To my Family, I love you very much. I wouldn't be the person I am without you, and I couldn't imagine life without you all by my side.

 
The end of our OBX trip, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Let me know! Keep it simple, civil, and PG-13. <3